Did Factory Reset a PA-200 and system now automatically reboots in Maintenance Mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Did Factory Reset a PA-200 and system now automatically reboots in Maintenance Mode

L1 Bithead

Hi all, maybe someone can help me with this.

Just did a factory reset on a PA-200 via maintenance mode (via console) and now system reboots automatically in maintenance mode.

I followed instruction from here:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/How-to-Factory-Reset-a-Palo-Alto-Networks-D...

When I go in System Information i see the following:

Platform: none

Active Sysroot: sysroot0

U-boot Version: 5.0.6.0-14

When I reboot system before i get the maintenance mode page i see the following:

Remounting root filesystem in read-write mode: mount: can't find / in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
[FAILED]

Anyone can help me with this?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

> You will need to do a hard disk check

> Follow the link :

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/How-to-Run-a-Hard-Disk-Drive-Performance-Te...

> The output should confirm if your harddisk has gone bad

Thanks for input

I did just that and when i select Diagnostics and enter password MA1NT i see option Test Disk Performance. When I select this option the screen goes black (i see nothing) and after 30 seconds or so the screen goes back to the welcome to maintenance mode screen.

Is that normal?

Here's what is displayed when i reboot device (right before it goes automatically to maintenance mode):

Welcome to PanOS
Starting udev: [ OK ]
Setting clock (utc): Wed Feb 24 11:15:16 EST 2016 [ OK ]
Setting hostname PA-200: [ OK ]
Checking filesystems:
Running filesystem check on pancfg: [ OK ]
Running filesystem check on panrepo: [ OK ]
[ OK ]
Remounting root filesystem in read-write mode: mount: can't find / in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
[FAILED]
rm: cannot remove `/etc/mtab~': Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove `/etc/mtab~~': Read-only file system
mount: can't find / in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3s of `/
Entering non-interactive startup
/sbin/ldconfig: Can't create temporary cache file /etc/ld.so.cache~: Unknown error 6002
/etc/rc3.d/S10panhw: line 15: /etc/cfgdb/eeprom.xml: Read-only file system
rm: cannot remove `/var/run/confirm': Read-only file system

> Getting a black screen on HD test and then returning back to the welcome maint screen is not normal

> Please reach out to the Paloalto support, I think the device might have gone bad

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!