DNS in IPv6 RA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

DNS in IPv6 RA

L2 Linker

I think it is time to start the first IPv6 only setups. What I missed in my testing setups was the DNS option in the RA (RFC 6106).

Has anybody IPv6 only setups routed via PA?

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hello Unibw,

You can find the list of IPV6 features supported, that are supported on this link.

IPv6 Feature Support Matrix

Hope this helps.

Thanks

L5 Sessionator

Currently it is not supported on the firewall. For now you can use DHCPv6 server in conjunction with SLAAC on the firewall.

However if you think this feature is going to be helpful in your environment that i would suggest that you get in touch with your Local Sales Engineer and request him to file a feature request on your behalf.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Numan

In my opinion best practice should be to have both options available because some client OS implement DHCPv6, some implement ND RDNSS (rfc 6106) and some have both options.

Thanks for the answers.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!