Don't have the Download Protection tab for Anti-Spyware

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Don't have the Download Protection tab for Anti-Spyware

L2 Linker

Is this an option you have to turn on? When I go into Objects and Anti-Spyware under Security Profiles I click new and I do not have the Download Protection tab. Is there a reason for this? Is it a licensing thing? Version 3.1.6

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

As I told you before it was moved in PANOS 3.1.  It is an error in the documentation.

Cheers,

Kelly

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

L4 Transporter

Hi there,

Driveby Download Protection is configured within a File Blocking Profile.  You now have the option to set an action of "continue" in addition to block or alert.  You would configure an action of continue for executable file types in the File Block Profile.

There is no license needed for this functionality.

Cheers,

Kelly

This is actually in the Anti-Spyware section of security profiles. Not file blocking.

I see - you are asking about normal Spyware protection in the download direction rather than the phone-home protection.  This was bundled to be a part of AntiVirus in PANOS 4.0.  You just need the Threat License and to enable an Antivirus Profile for this now.

Cheers,

Kelly

We have version 3.1.6 and in the admin guide for it they show the Download Protection tab under the Anti-Spyware section under Security Profiles. We have the license. When I click new for a new Anti-Spyware profile there is no Download Protection tab in the popup box. 

My mistake - it was changed in PANOS 3.1.  It's been a while, so please excuse my memory. Smiley Happy

In any case, functions do not disappear from the GUI if they are not licensed. You may see a warning message that the feature is not licensed.

Cheers,

Kelly

How would I know if just that 1 tab is not licensed? If I go to the Device/Licenses section I have the license for Anti-Spyware.

There is no such thing as a partial license for AntiSpyware vs. AntiVirus.  There is only a Threat License which includes AntiSpyware, AntiVirus, and Vulnerability Protection.  The warning would show at the bottom of the AntiSpyware Profile if you did not have the Threat License.

Cheers,

Kelly

Right, I have the license but for some reason I should have 3 tabs but I only have 2. According to the admin guide I should have Download Protection, Phone Home Protection, and Spyware Exception. I only have Phone Home and Spyware Exception. Why would that be?

As I told you before it was moved in PANOS 3.1.  It is an error in the documentation.

Cheers,

Kelly

Oh I misunderstood you before. Ok, that makes sense and I was just thinking to myself maybe it was a mistake with that doc. Thank you for getting back to me on this so quickly.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!