Downgrade from 8.1.3 to 8.0.13

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Downgrade from 8.1.3 to 8.0.13

L2 Linker

Hi 2 all

What is "best practice" to downgrade from 8.1.3 to 8.0.13 step by step?

For PA VM-300

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@aaobuhov,

So the official documentation says that you don't need to actually install the base image; however it's important to note here that this hasn't been updated to 6.1 where the official upgrade recommendation hadn't been modified. Since the recommendation only changed due to older hardware firewalls not having enough space to explode two images to disk and you're running a VM, you're probably fine just directly installing 8.0.13. 

The install process will require a reboot. I would expect the install process to take somewhere around the 20 minute mark on a VM-300, but that's highly dependent on the resources you've allocated to the VM. I would plan on a 30 minute outage of the VM as it performs the downgrade, expecting 15-20. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@aaobuhov,

Was 8.0.13 the last image that you had installed on this box. If you run the 'debug swm status' command you should be able to seeing what version the other sysroot is running. Technically speaking the revert command isn't recommended between major versions; but I've done it a few times without issue. 

If it isn't available then simply download 8.0 and download and install the 8.0.13 software version. 

Thank you for reply, BPry

8.0.13 was not the last image. It was 8.1.2.

So i don't need to install 8.0, just download it?

Just click install 8.0.13? Both 8.0.0 and 8.0.13 were downloaded already today.

Need i reboot at the end of install?

Any problem with config compability?

Approximately how long it will take?

@aaobuhov,

So the official documentation says that you don't need to actually install the base image; however it's important to note here that this hasn't been updated to 6.1 where the official upgrade recommendation hadn't been modified. Since the recommendation only changed due to older hardware firewalls not having enough space to explode two images to disk and you're running a VM, you're probably fine just directly installing 8.0.13. 

The install process will require a reboot. I would expect the install process to take somewhere around the 20 minute mark on a VM-300, but that's highly dependent on the resources you've allocated to the VM. I would plan on a 30 minute outage of the VM as it performs the downgrade, expecting 15-20. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!