Dual ips with failover and load balancing connectivity

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual ips with failover and load balancing connectivity

Dual isp 

when primary tunnel goes down secondary tunnel should get up. but physically when i remove cable from interface in the firewall tunnel not going down. it is like branch office to head office connectivity.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@S.ChakkiralaVenkata,

Without knowing how you have things configured it's hard to suggest anything without being overly broad. Is my understanding correct that you have already configured things for this to work, or are you asking for configuration help to make this work and you don't have it setup yet? If you did already have this configured, did you ever have it functioning as intended in the past?

When you perform this testing is it just the tunnel having an issue coming online with the backup ISP, or are you not seeing traffic transition at all? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Community Team Member

Hi @S.ChakkiralaVenkata ,

Can you share a screenshot of your status lights? 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@S.ChakkiralaVenkata,

Without knowing how you have things configured it's hard to suggest anything without being overly broad. Is my understanding correct that you have already configured things for this to work, or are you asking for configuration help to make this work and you don't have it setup yet? If you did already have this configured, did you ever have it functioning as intended in the past?

When you perform this testing is it just the tunnel having an issue coming online with the backup ISP, or are you not seeing traffic transition at all? 

It is branch office to head office connectivity. at branch pa 220 firewall and ho Fortinet firewall is there. branch office completely dependent on proxy server from HO. at branch we are having two isps. we will connect from branch to ho over vpn tunnel,. the concern what we are facing if i unplug primary isp from firewall at isp level it is showing down but at firewall still primary vpn tunnel not going down. due to this in the forwarding table i can see isp2 it is showing connected but traffic get generated at primary vpn tunnel only, traffic should generate on seconday vpn tunnel it is not getting generated. primary vpn tunnel itself not gowing down. 

It is branch office to head office connectivity. at branch pa 220 firewall and ho Fortinet firewall is there. branch office completely dependent on proxy server from HO. at branch we are having two isps. we will connect from branch to ho over vpn tunnel,. the concern what we are facing if i unplug primary isp from firewall at isp level it is showing down but at firewall still primary vpn tunnel not going down. due to this in the forwarding table i can see isp2 it is showing connected but traffic get generated at primary vpn tunnel only, traffic should generate on seconday vpn tunnel it is not getting generated. primary vpn tunnel itself not gowing down. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!