ECMP Configuration Questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ECMP Configuration Questions

L0 Member

Hi,

New to the board.  I have two WAN circuits going to two separate ISPs.  I would like to run ECMP with weighted round robin over ISP1 & ISP2.  However, I want to verify this can be achieved successfully in my environment.  I have 15-20 VPN connections to various agencies which all must go out the correct circuit (ISP1) and IP address.  I have hard coded these in as destination NAT rules and they work fine but currently I am only using ISP1 and ISP2 is strictly a backup.  I have read a few articles stating this is possible but that I would need multiple VRs.  I currently only have one VR in place.  Is there a good document somewhere with detailed configuration steps or could someone tell me if this configuration would work in my environment?

Thank you very much in advance!

Justin

1 REPLY 1

Community Team Member

Hi @justinmoose ,

As far as I know you can ECMP using just one VR.

Please check out the following KB on how to implement ECMP:

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClF8CAK

In this light board presentation, you will learn the benefits of deploying ECMP, and review a basic topology of how to configure ECMP in your network:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KICp-9yXOT0

Hope this helps,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!