Email Links

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Email Links

L3 Networker

I have been blocking the url category for web-based email per my company policy, but i am having issues with newsletters that have links. 

For example this one I have.

An email comes in to view the upcoming items for sale.

here is the link

Healthy Snacks at Work | Corporate Wellness - fresh2desk

If you look at the link

link.rm0003.net/go/mnQgWuXbk28PhBn7WSw6zw2/

I whitelist link.rm0003.net

But if you put that in the url then this is the real site.  Which i cannot allow the users to go to. 

ReachMail

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hi markk96,

I did some test. Here is my finding :

link.rm0003.net is categorized as web-based email. But since you have put it in allow list, it is accessible. But this site does change to "go.reachmail.net"

C:\Users\user>nslookup link.rm0003.net

Name:    go.reachmail.net <------

Address:  66.251.253.150

Aliases:  link.rm0003.net <-----

go.reachmail.net  is categorized as computer and info and that is why it is getting allowed.

There are 2 options, for the short term, you can put go.reachmail.net  in block list :

go.reachmail.net

*.go.reachmail.net

In the long run, you can request re-categorization for the url category to change it to web-based-email as well. If you are using PAN-DB you can go to following site

Palo Alto Networks URL Filtering - Test A Site

You can go to brightclould site if you are using BC as your URL filtering vendor.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hi markk96,

I did some test. Here is my finding :

link.rm0003.net is categorized as web-based email. But since you have put it in allow list, it is accessible. But this site does change to "go.reachmail.net"

C:\Users\user>nslookup link.rm0003.net

Name:    go.reachmail.net <------

Address:  66.251.253.150

Aliases:  link.rm0003.net <-----

go.reachmail.net  is categorized as computer and info and that is why it is getting allowed.

There are 2 options, for the short term, you can put go.reachmail.net  in block list :

go.reachmail.net

*.go.reachmail.net

In the long run, you can request re-categorization for the url category to change it to web-based-email as well. If you are using PAN-DB you can go to following site

Palo Alto Networks URL Filtering - Test A Site

You can go to brightclould site if you are using BC as your URL filtering vendor.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

Yes this is helpful.  Going to be curious to see what the next email has for it next month.

Thanks

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!