email notification

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

email notification

L4 Transporter

Is it possible to set up a notification by email to let you know when one and only one vpn tunnel goes down? I also want to be able to turn it off once I am done troubleshooting

8 REPLIES 8

L6 Presenter

Hello Infotech,

I do not think its possible to do from PANW.

However, PANW forwards such kind of logs to syslog server, you can definitely configure syslog server to send such kind of trigger emails.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

Okay that makes sense

Hello Infotech,

Check what system log Firewall generates for VPN tunnel flap.

Configure actuall syslog server for email alert for that log.

Let me know if you have additional queries.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

L5 Sessionator

Hi infotech

You can configure email notification based on the severity of the log. How to Configure Email Alerts for System Logs?

Suppose if VPN down event generates a log entry of severity HIGH you can get that in your email based on the above setup but the caveat being you will get other HIGH severity log events as well.

There is no mechanism to send email only for VPN down event.

Hope it helps!

L4 Transporter

I will check that out thanks

Hello Infotech,

I hope this is the exact info, you are looking for: How To Alert on IPSec Tunnel Down?

Thanks

That will work. but it will alert for everything within a certain range of severity not just for a specific tunnel right?

Yes, you are correct.

PAN does not have an ability to send email alerts only for VPN down messages, but it will send email alerts for all SYSTEM logs with critical/High severity.

NOTE: If you think, there should be a way to achieve this, it's best you reach out to your SE or sales contact. If there are features we currently don't have but you would like to see added they can create a feature request for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!