Email Profile - Choosing Location as Shared or Vsys

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Email Profile - Choosing Location as Shared or Vsys

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

I had configured the  Template say Corp

Under email profile I have selected the  Location as vsys  shared is not checked in.

When i go to log settings  then system   then under email I do not see email profile which i created

If i change the email profile location to shared then under log settings, system i can see the email profile name.

Need to know the difference between shared and vsys  under the location?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi @MP18

This is something a little annoying, but it is related to the way paloalto checks references to other configuration parts in the xml config. This means that only serverprofiles configured as shared are presented as choosable options in log forwarding profiles.

The difference between shared and vsys is that shared will also be configured in shared context on the firewall while vsys will be placed only in the vsys that you choose.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hi @MP18

This is something a little annoying, but it is related to the way paloalto checks references to other configuration parts in the xml config. This means that only serverprofiles configured as shared are presented as choosable options in log forwarding profiles.

The difference between shared and vsys is that shared will also be configured in shared context on the firewall while vsys will be placed only in the vsys that you choose.

Many Thanks Remo.

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!