Endpoint Protection from PaloAlto - It’s Here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Endpoint Protection from PaloAlto - It’s Here!

L4 Transporter

Hello

Finally we have it!

Press Release » and presenation

so we can expect a lot of new topis related to this software in near future Smiley Wink

Regards

Slawek

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

watched a demo, seems exciting

L6 Presenter

Nice presentation....

L4 Transporter

So when do we get support for OS X? Smiley Sad

Most of the current Traps approaches to preventing Windows exploit techniques are very specific to Windows.  Its approaches to preventing attacks by malware are more generic.   I can't speak to the roadmap, but based on what I know, preventing exploit techniques on operating systems other than Windows would be a major engineering effort.

--Eric

L2 Linker

Any Panorama integration present or planned?  This looks nice, but integration into our existing pane of glass would be nice.  Curious also to see if this supplants traditional AV solutions over time.

You'll get no roadmaps from me, even on the rare occasion when I know anything about 'em.  Smiley Happy

The question about A/V replacement is apparently common among customers and prospects.  The official answer to those folks includes: 

1.  Do you think you need to keep your A/V solution to meet any legal compliance requirements?

2.  Based on what you know about the product, what else would you need to see to be comfortable replacing your A/V solution with Traps?

3.  Traps is perfectly compatible with the major A/V solutions, so there's no harm in running them together on the same machines.

4.  Some A/V solutions include desktop management tools, DLP features, and other capabilities that aren't really about protecting against exploits and malware.  We think Traps is superior at exploit prevention and at least as good as any A/V solution at protecting against malware.  But it's not in the business of solving those other desktop management problems.  So you may want to keep using your A/V solution for those other things that  Traps doesn't do.

Can you tell that I really like this new addition to the platform?

--Eric

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!