Failed to backup mongo DB after upgrading to 10.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Failed to backup mongo DB after upgrading to 10.1

L3 Networker

Dear community,

After upgrading Panorama to Pan-Os 10.1 we get the following system log daily:

"Auto mongo backup: Failed to backup database 'pan_ms' collection 'msak':"

Any idea what is this error about and how to "silence" it?

Many thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

@Carracido 

This could be indicative of a corruption of the MongoDB, and would require Palo Alto Network TAC support to assist you in repairing the MongoDB.   If the DB is damaged, root access is required in order to resolve this issue.

I would recommend contacting support.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

L2 Linker

Did you ever get a solution to this?  I opened a TAC case and they tried to get me to create a new Auth Key and re-add all my firewalls and I stopped them right there.

L2 Linker

This was the final support response I got on this (and I was not interested in re-onboarding all my devices with the new auth key).  I'll happily just live with these messages once a day: "1. As found that "Auto mongo backup: Failed to backup database 'pan_ms' collection 'msak'" message is a benign message that occurs when there are no entries configured under: Panorama -> Device Registration Auth Key.
2. And also found this particular log message is a benign message. If the script does not find msak collection in pan_ms database of mdb instance it leaves this message, since there is nothing to backup. 3. It looks like none of the firewalls managed by this panorama has an authkey configured resulting in this message."

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!