Failed to check content upgrade info due to generic communication error.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Failed to check content upgrade info due to generic communication error.

L0 Member

Recently, I am getting "Failed to check content upgrade info due to generic communication error.  Please try again later" error message.

Do you have any idea about the problem?  I faced with this problem at two different PoC.

Thanks.

-Ismail

16 REPLIES 16

While performing a sync to peer when performing a software or dynamic update does work around the issue of a passive device in a HA pair not being able to get the updates, it is not best practice and it can expose you to split brains when your HA pair is under heavy loads. Configuring static ARPs on the internal L3 interfaces allows both PAN devices to access PANs update servers without increasing the risks of split brains.

Hello,

I have the same issue, with an HA. Currently Active can update its content updates, but Passive can't update them. I have a question, about your workaround. 

When you said "configure the ARP entries", do your refer to add the MAC address, of each MGT interface, in all Layer 3 interfaces that I have configured?

Regards,

• 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!