Failed to sync PAN-DB to peer: Peer user failure

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Failed to sync PAN-DB to peer: Peer user failure

L1 Bithead

Hi, I have 2 PA500 (7.1.5 PAN-OS) In Active-Passive HA and since I upgrace from brighcloud to PAN-DB I have lots of mails complaining about "Failed to sync PAN-DB to peer: Peer user failure."

I see that not all atemts to update de passive device fail, but 3-4 a day fail for some reason. Since the update is successfully in most of the atempt it's not normal the "Peer user failer" error message.

It's some having the same problem?

Active:

AN-DB URL Filtering
License : valid
Current cloud server : s0300.urlcloud.paloaltonetworks.com
Cloud connection : connected
Cloud mode : public
URL database version - device : 2016.11.09.438
URL database version - cloud : 2016.11.09.438 ( last update time 2016/11/10 10:42:44 )
URL database status : good
URL protocol version - device : pan/0.0.2
URL protocol version - cloud : pan/0.0.2
Protocol compatibility status : compatible

Passive:

PAN-DB URL Filtering
License : valid
Cloud connection : not connected
URL database version - device : 2016.11.09.286
URL protocol version - device : pan/0.0.2

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Notice the same message in the system logs for PAN-OS 7.1.6.

It seems this bug was fixed in 7.1.10
PAN-64639
PAN-72875

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/71/pan-os/pan-os-release-notes/pan-os-7-1-10-addresse...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

There was a bug in the code that caused this sync failure for Pan DB on HA clusters.  I can't remember the versions or details. 

You might check the release notes for the versions above the one you are running to see if it  would be solved by an upgrade.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Hi, sorry for not indicating the version I'm using before.

I have the latest PAN-OS (7.1.5) and there is no mention of any PAN-DB sync issues in the release notes.

Notice the same message in the system logs for PAN-OS 7.1.6.

It seems this bug was fixed in 7.1.10
PAN-64639
PAN-72875

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/71/pan-os/pan-os-release-notes/pan-os-7-1-10-addresse...

Hi, I don't remember exactly in what version (now in 8.0.4), but upgrading to PAN-OS 8.0.X fix my problem a while ago.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!