File transfer latency using SCP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

File transfer latency using SCP

L0 Member

File transfer with a vendor is very slow using SCP 

Disabled the server inspection, used app override, still no improvement. 

Its a 5250 palo running 8.1.10

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

is it possible to try with SFTP.

There are numerous threads on the internet over the years relating to SCP being slow ( nothing to do with firewalls ).  I have seen it connecting to a local server where SCP is slow and SFTP significantly faster (or actually normal).

Rob

we did try SFTP and FTP , however the results are not consistent, we still see latency. 

the traffic traverses through three palo alto's to reach the destination, and looks like its getting delayed in the palo alto. 

What can I check in the palo ? 

I have done application override, still no big difference.

Looks like we have the same problem...have you found any solution/workaround?

L0 Member

We had the same problem on our 3260s and it turned out to be this bug. Upgrading to 8.1.14 code solved it. File and data transfer is working at full capacity now as expected.

bug that is causing slowness - PAN-121626

Any idea when the bug was introduced, I have tried searching and all I get is that it was fixed in 8.1.14. 

Thanks, man..in our case the issue is happening for PA-850 ; 8.1.14 fixed the issue for 3200 series only they didn't mention about anything PA-850

We noticed this slowness behavior on 8.1.11. That was the first code on 3260s we ran after ASA to PA NGFW migration.

I'm facing the same issues on our PA-850. Did the upgrade to 8.1.14 helped you?

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!