First official Cyvera thread

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

First official Cyvera thread

L4 Transporter

So has anyone heard anything more about Cyvera? The fact that PA bought out Cyvera is in the news now and was announced at Ignite, so I'm reasonably sure it's ok to talk about here.

Anyone have any news on what's going on? What the integration with PA will look like? Betas? Etc etc

8 REPLIES 8

L7 Applicator

Palo Alto Networks announced their intention to acquire Cyvera - but I don't think it has been completed yet.  I think that's still going to take a little bit of time. 

Not applicable

Time will tell indeed, it will be interesting to hear whether it's going to be a separate complete product, or hopefully they integrate the End Point component into Global Protect Agent ...... One Agent to rule them all!

Then to manage it all centrally from Panorama is the dream.

Do You know how to ask for trial?

Good question. I am going to ask my local SE.

Ok got an answer from our local SE. I don't want him to get in trouble by posting what he answered. Is there maybe an official statement from PAN when to expect something to play with ?

I heard EP will be released by mid September.

L4 Transporter

My knowledge is as follows:

The acquisition is complete and was pretty much complete when they announced it. (within 2 weeks, all Cyvera EEs had PAN email addresses).

They are currently rebranding the Cyvera product for release

The planned release was "fall"

The planned release for PANOS 6.1 is October

There was a small group of partners from each region selected to get early release versions for learning and testing.

There will be a new certification around the product.

There will be a new partner designation around endpoint security specialization.

The main integration that was explained to me were Wildfire and possible IPs. Eg. if an endpoint detects and prevents a buffer overflow that was triggered from a malicious PDF, it will send this alert to the Cyvera management server. The mgmt server will then send the sha1 hash of the file to Wildfire and your firewall so after the attack is stopped at the endpoint, it now becomes blocked at your perimeter.

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!