Generating automating reports through the API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Generating automating reports through the API

L2 Linker

Is there a way I can generate automatic reports through the API on a weekly basis? I know there is a way with GUI, but is there a way for the API to generate automatic reports?

11 REPLIES 11

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@bhakti1213,

Yes. You can find the full documentation HERE which breaks it down to how you would request different kinds of reports such as the Custom report. Keep in mind that the request is simply going to respond with the Job ID and you then have to use that Job ID to get the report. It isn't the cleanest solution but it can be easily scripted. 

Hey you know how the email scheduled delivery are in pdf format.Is there any way to turn those in a csv format. I know Palo Alto limits it, but is there any script or code that needs to be implemented in order to turn those pdf files into csv files?

@bhakti1213

Within the Report Group you should be able to select CSV format reports if you scroll through the list of available reports. 

Capture.PNG

So will this send an email to the people as a csv file then by this way?

and those will be exactly the same as pdf right? but only in csv format

Yes the report will display the same information; it'll simply be in CSV format instead of a nice PDF. 

But am having problems generating csv reports I don't know why, like I have a predefined report called top attackers, and i do not see that in the csv section. What can I do?

@bhakti1213,

Predefined reports are different, you'll only ever be offered those in PDF format. 

Ya this ereports I want them emailed me to csv is there any way we can use something like a script to get me to email as a csv format? Like maybe through the API

@bhakti1213,

No; the predefined reports aren't accessible in CSV format at all. You could rebuild the report as a 'custom report' and then you could schedule it as needed, but that's about as good as you are going to get. 

• 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!