global protect connectivity issue (version 5.2.10)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

global protect connectivity issue (version 5.2.10)

L3 Networker

Hi Team,

We have facing the connectivity issue on GP Agent 5.2.10.

After turning off the windows firewall, it's connecting.

Please let us know how we can achieve this without disabling the windows firewall. Because in earlier versions of GP client we have never asked users to follow this method and it’s not recommended to turn off the windows firewall in our network.

Regards,

Vishnu

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@VishnuPS,

If your running into an issue with 5.2.10 I would recommend just re-publishing 5.2.9. 5.2.10 is brand new and probably hasn't seen a large install base with it being released while most people are taking holiday vacation. I'd gather the logs and open a TAC case just so they can log it and see if it's a bug or some other sort of incompatibility with something you have deployed across all of these machines. 

For what it's worth, I've got a number of people piloting 5.2.10 and I haven't heard of anyone encountering any connection issues on Windows endpoints, and they wouldn't even have the ability to disable their Windows firewall. I've got it installed on my primary Windows machines as well and haven't encountered any connection issues in a 100 installation lab deployment that runs through before we even start piloting it with users.

Out of curiosity, what agent did you upgrade from? Did you upgrade from 5.2.9 to 5.2.10 or are you coming from something older? 

L4 Transporter

I also encounter issue on 5.2.10. All users that installed 5.2.10 having the issue to connect to LAN network will show unauthenticated and cannot access to network.  For user who is still using old version still able to access as normal. 

JiaXiang_0-1645429137027.png

• 2 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!