Global Protect DHCP Pool utilisation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect DHCP Pool utilisation

L2 Linker

Hiho,

I´d like to know how to see how much ipv4 adresses of the pool are in use or free so I need to know when to enlarge the pool.

That dhcp redirect doesn´t work I unfortunately recognized while searching the forum regarding dhcp and gp.

We are using always the prefered version of the 9er release.

I wasn´t able to find relevant information within admin guide nor online help.

Any tip is appreciated.

Stay healthy everybody.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Edited...   sorry just seen 0 users from cli.. are you using dhcp server or local client ip pools

anyhows...  remote users/current users will display how many items...  just subtract this from number of addresses in your pool...

from CLI:

show user ip-user-mapping all type GP

if you have 200  addresses in your pool and the above command shows "Total: 123 users"

then you will have 77 not used.

No, the previous users are not active leases but it will give an idea of how many are actually using the service.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

from CLI:

from GUI

Network/GlobalProtect/Gateways/Remote Users

for a history, select Previous User Tab

or run a custom report on detailed log/globalprotect and add "private IP"

thank you for your response..

The cli showes 0 users.

The gui is not clear what is shown.

Are all users that are shown in the "previous user"  do have active ip leases?
I guess this is not the case.

Also for the custome report I see all leases in a specific time.

I need to know how many ips are still free to serve for global protect clients endpoints.

I need only active leases not the historical view.

Any idea for this?

Edited...   sorry just seen 0 users from cli.. are you using dhcp server or local client ip pools

anyhows...  remote users/current users will display how many items...  just subtract this from number of addresses in your pool...

from CLI:

if you have 200  addresses in your pool and the above command shows "Total: 123 users"

then you will have 77 not used.

No, the previous users are not active leases but it will give an idea of how many are actually using the service.

The cli command does not work as expected.

I have hundrets of users online, what I get from gui information, but the cli shows only 1 and mostly 0.

The custome report did the trick.

I created the report and set the time range to our login lifetime and private ip as you suggested. 

Its not a smart solution but it works for now.

Anyway I would prefer using an external proxy where I can manage everything smoothly.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!