Global Protect is constantly causing network errors.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect is constantly causing network errors.

L0 Member

Since November I have been experiencing issues with Global Protect VPN not connecting properly.  Global Protect either causes a slow down in my internet or my local internet to go out with a bunch of "DNS error" or "Network Change" error or "Network not found" errors (Remote Desktop specifically)

Has anyone else ever experienced this problem before?

The business problem:  Zoom, Slack, and most importantly Webmail do not work properly because network issues cannot be resolved. 

Additional Information:

1. Small network updates and changes have a huge impact at my company.   My company has very few network engineers 2 for over 40,000 employees
2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Check the traffic logs, especially for DNS traffic and make sure its pointing at the nearest DNS servers.

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@tabfulton,

I get the feeling from your question that your an end-user in this case? Unfortunately unless you have administration access to actually review logs, bandwidth graphs, and the rest of the criteria required to actually troubleshoot this issue there's not going to be a lot the community can do to help you. 

If you do have access to this information let us know so that we can actually help you troubleshoot properly, but there's a lot of basic troubleshooting information that is missing. If your an end-user without any administration capabilities I'd really recommend reaching out to your IT support staff and letting them know the issues that you are running into. It's possible that it's a known issue that they don't have the resources to fix, or many other things that they could help you troubleshoot. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!