Global protect new features suddenly showing up on portal app config

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global protect new features suddenly showing up on portal app config

L1 Bithead

I am pretty sure they were not there before on the same version of GP that I am running on . I see option "Allow user to sign out from Global Protect APP" and "User Single Sign-on(macOS)". I do not see any documentation about those. I tried to activate those options and they do not seem like working . Can anyone please advise ? Please find the screenshot in the attachment. 

GlobalProtect_SSO.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Nvempati,

The options are present with PAN-OS updates instead of the actual version of the GlobalProtect Agent you are deploying. If you are using an agent version that doesn't actually know how to work with the configuration options deployed the agent will simply "ignore" the setting. 

@BPry 
Thanks for the reply.
Which version supports that . Just for checking , I got my Global Protect  on 5.0.4 and tried to use those settings ( my firewall has 4.1.11 in active state ) . Those settings did not work on 5.0.4.

Why do not we have documentation about those ?

Any update on this?  I'm looking to use this setting as well, but I'm not having any luck.  PAN-OS 8.1.6 and GP Agent 5.0.7.  Is there any sort of documentation for PAN-OS and GP Agent setting compatibility?

Looks like Palo's has to be on 9.0  or above version for this feature to work 

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!