Global Protect on Chrome OS forget and reset portal.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect on Chrome OS forget and reset portal.

L1 Bithead

I keep having to click forget on the chromebook globalprotect client and re add the portal to get it to connect to the VPN on the PA firewall. This happens daily to many of the Chrome OS devices.

Also the + button to add a second portal does not work.

We are running Chrome OS version 68.0.3440.118 (Official Build) (64-bit)
HP Chrome Book also happens on other Chromebooks like ASUS Brand.

Global protect Version 4.1.3.8 from the Play store.

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@DNAdmin,

Just so I'm reading this correctly; you are using the GlobalProtect Android application through the Play Store, and not the actual Chrome OS GlobalProtect "app"? 

Correction,its the Global protect app from the Chrome web store.

@DNAdmin,

I haven't used the chrome app for a bit because of all of the issues that are present with it. Personally I would recommend downloading the GlobalProtect Android app from the Play Store and setting your Chromebook users up with that. I've yet to really encounter any issues with this method. 

Ok thanks for the tip I will give that a try. Another issue that has only resently started is that I make a successfull VPN to the firewall but then no traffic will flow accoss the tunnel. I checked the firewall and I dont see an issue. Nothing in the logs to indicate an issue.

Installed the Android Global protect but it does not show in the installed Apps. Not having much luck with this product. 

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!