Global Protect stuck in "Connecting", "Still Working"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect stuck in "Connecting", "Still Working"

L1 Bithead

Hi there guys, I have a Macbook Pro with Catalina v10.15.4 and I am here because I am out of moves on how to make this software to work. 

Troubleshooting I've tried so far:

1) Tried going to privacy and security in the settings to allow the software thru there but I never saw that as an option. I have installed and uninstalled the software many times and still I do not get the option to allow it.

2) I have tried allowing the kexts by restarting the computer in recovery mode and inputing the command to add it and nothing seems to happen after inputing the command.

3) I have removed all antivirus and firewall software from my mac to make sure none of these were blocking global protect. Then again, I have installed and uninstalled the software completely many times with no success.

Is there anything else I can try to make this to work?

A man needs a name...
23 REPLIES 23

Hi,

try:

open system preferences -> security and privacy

click on lock and insert password

accept paloalto globalprotect security installation

After these steps my vpn client ask my user and pass and connect

I hope this can help you,

Edo

I was facing this issue as well and did not see it being blocked in Security & Privacy > General. I actually had to jump to the next tab Privacy and make sure GP had Full Disk Access or the selected Files and Folders. For whatever reason this was unchecked for me. As soon as I checked it, GP services restarted, and I was able to connect again. 

My company went with a different software that actually works, it’s sad to say but there’s lack of support with GlobalProtect. I remember attempting your solution but it never worked in any of our machines. 

A man needs a name...

That didn't work for me... Also try the terminal workaround but nothing worked out.

@swenzel This got me a little further as it has prompt the MS login window, but it seems to still spin... But that's one step further though!

Did you figure it out? I have the same problem as you had, but I solved this problem today. So please check this out. It is so simple.

Security and privacy in settings > Firewall > Turn on Firewall (my Mac was turned this off when I have troubleshooting) > Restart the computer

L7 Applicator

Just wanted to let everyone know that if they are having any GlobalProtect issues, and need to troubleshoot the issue, our Very own @kiwi has written a great blog all about troubleshooting GlobalProtect.

Be sure to check it out here: 
https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/blogs/dotw-globalprotect-troubleshooting-tips/ba-p/383911

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

L0 Member

i had the same problem ,

on my logs it seems like something stuck in the Kernal extention loading.

so the solution was to reset kext - here is a answer how to do that   https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47810161/macos-high-sierra-kext-loading-are-there-any-ways-to-ca... 

you just need to use paloalto identifier - PXPZ95SK77

L1 Bithead

Found 2 small but weird and unacceptable things that may interfere with Global Protect that might be at the source of the issue:

1. Find out that if you have multiple users session on your Mac and logged in GP on both session, there seems to be a reminiscence of both login through both session which conflicts to each other, AND even though you uninstall and install GP again, it keeps interfering as in some cache or something.
  2. If you are not on the latest version of GP, then request firmly an update! Latest update brought back the adequate user management/visibility within GP.
  • 23 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!