Global Protect stuck in "Connecting", "Still Working"

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Still have not found a solution yet. It’s not like I’m not troubleshooting it right, I work for a group of programmers at a busy campus and I’ve tried step by step all of the fixes provided above and from other sites and nothing seems to work.

A man needs a name...
Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Yes ,me too . Have tried everything given on web but still haven't been able to find a solution to this. Anyway, i have added same question https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/global-protect-showing-quot-connecting-quot-and-... in the hope that someone else might answer it . Lets see! 

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Try upgrading your OS to latest version . It solved my problem . I upgraded my OS version to Catalina(10.15.5) and reinstalled globalProtect VPN , its working alright . Hope it helps!

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Thank you Pal, however, I usually install the newest OS as soon as it comes out so I already had it when I installed Global Protect the first time. 

A man needs a name...
Highlighted
L0 Member

I don't know if this has been resolved yet, but have you tried going repairing it? 

Go to you client portal, download the file and click repair. 

Highlighted
L0 Member

Hi,

try:

open system preferences -> security and privacy

click on lock and insert password

accept paloalto globalprotect security installation

After these steps my vpn client ask my user and pass and connect

I hope this can help you,

Edo

L0 Member

I was facing this issue as well and did not see it being blocked in Security & Privacy > General. I actually had to jump to the next tab Privacy and make sure GP had Full Disk Access or the selected Files and Folders. For whatever reason this was unchecked for me. As soon as I checked it, GP services restarted, and I was able to connect again. 

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

My company went with a different software that actually works, it’s sad to say but there’s lack of support with GlobalProtect. I remember attempting your solution but it never worked in any of our machines. 

A man needs a name...
Highlighted
L0 Member

That didn't work for me... Also try the terminal workaround but nothing worked out.

Highlighted
L0 Member

@swenzel This got me a little further as it has prompt the MS login window, but it seems to still spin... But that's one step further though!

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!