globalprotect client for android

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

globalprotect client for android

L4 Transporter

I have the globalprotect client installed and working for pc's but I downloaded and installed the client on my android and it looks like it is trying to connect or is connecting then it pops up my username and password box again. I checked the traffic logs and the system logs on the PA and it says it authenticates successfully and there are no denies for that traffic. So I am looking for suggestions on how to troubleshoot.

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hello jprovine

Do you have the globalprotect Gateway license?

GlobalProtect Licenses

Amjad

I did not know it was necessary to have a license for the android, I don't have any issues with the pc

PC and Mac are both included with the basic support license, but as Amjad mentioned you do need the Gateway license if you want to get HIP reports or use either mobile app (Android or iOS).

-Greg

Although you need a GlobalProtect Gateway license if you want to use the App for Android, you actually need both, GlobalProtect Portal, and GlobalProtect Gateway license for HIP Checks.

If you didn't have a Gateway license, you can alternatively use X-Auth authentication using the native IPSec VPN with Android, but then you won't be able to set up HIP checks.

I really like PA but I feel like I am getting nickeled and dimed to death. Everything costs extra

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!