GlobalProtect Client issues on MacOS Catalina

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Client issues on MacOS Catalina

L0 Member

I'm trying to configure GP Client on a MacOS Catalina (10.15.3) to connect via VPN using PKI certificates. I'm using GP version 5.1.1 (also I've tried with 5.0.6). The problem is that it does not prompt me to select my client certificate and eventually fails stating that "Required client certificate not found". I can see it's trying to work with my login keychain (from KeyChain Access) because if I lock the keychain it requires me to enter the password and unlock it during VPN connection, but it's not able to pick the certificate. Another peer that's using MacOS Mojave has no issues, so I guess the main problem is using Catalina version. Can anyone help me?

Best regards!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L0 Member

I solved it!

I'll document it here in case anyone faces the same issue. I don't understand why but the problem was that I had configured my certificate trust settings as always trust and that made it unusable. Marking it to use system defaults made it work again.

ajrneo_0-1585125199862.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L0 Member

I solved it!

I'll document it here in case anyone faces the same issue. I don't understand why but the problem was that I had configured my certificate trust settings as always trust and that made it unusable. Marking it to use system defaults made it work again.

ajrneo_0-1585125199862.png

Thanks this made for a quick fix! If you ever end up figuring out the WHY please let me know 🙂

where can i find the option trust in MAC?

I have tried to find but i can´t

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!