GlobalProtect client issues with Windows Hello login - Windows 10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect client issues with Windows Hello login - Windows 10

L0 Member

Hi all, we've recently started using GlobalProtect but when using the client on my devices I've noticed an old issue that I first saw quite a while back during testing, wondering if anyone else has experienced it or has a fix?

I run Windows 10 (1709) on my laptop using fingerprint login via Windows Hello. The functionality worked reliably until installing the GlobalProtect client but the login screen seems a bit broken after GP was installed.

The behaviour seems to be that first login upon cold boot will fail, either fingerprint won't be recognised or it starts logging in then gets stuck until I hard power off the device. Second login then works OK.

That suggests to me some kind of issue with Fast Boot, maybe GP clashing with the Windows biometric login processes?

GP client version 4.0.5-8

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

This can be resolved by setting the following setting in the GP Portal App Config.

Network -> GlobalProtect -> Portals -> {Portal Name} -> Agent -> {Config Name} -> App -> "Use Single Sign-on (Windows Only)" set to "No."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

What login option is your default? Which one is chosen when the first login fails?

If I press any key to go from the initial lock screen to the login screen Fingerprint is selected as default. GlobalProtect is the first icon in the list but not selected. 

If I then try to swipe the fingerprint again the machine gives the impression a login is starting (spinning circle animation) but no login actually occurs and a reboot is required.

@hcnsgxs,

This would vary highly on the make and model of the computer, and whether or not the manufacturer is actually using Windows Hello without any modifications. I would open a ticket with TAC to make them aware of the issue, but please include the make and model of the laptop in question. 

L5 Sessionator

This can be resolved by setting the following setting in the GP Portal App Config.

Network -> GlobalProtect -> Portals -> {Portal Name} -> Agent -> {Config Name} -> App -> "Use Single Sign-on (Windows Only)" set to "No."

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!