GlobalProtect Clients Not downloading

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Clients Not downloading

L3 Networker

2021-05-19_14-33-25.png

Hi,

I want to ask we have new firewall we configure all the things Dynamic update / License all ok . But when we try to get all the Latest GlobalPortect Clients from Server . It is only showing the list no other ?

We try from CLI , Rebooted three time. Is this is Error or issue can some one help us.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@NavidAlam,

Sounds like this is a newer firewall setup or a replacement? PAN has stopped listing all of the super old unsupported GlobalProtect released directly on newly configured firewalls and the support portal to stop people from running unsupported releases in production. You can get old releases through support if you absolutely need them and manually upload them.

This is a good thing, at least in my opinion, because nobody should be pushing out an outdated agent bundle. Making people put work in to do things in an unsupported and insecure manner is  something we should expect from a security company. 

View solution in original post

That is new firewall. Also i had try now with all my other firewalls PA had remove from them also.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

L4 Transporter

Stupid question: did you click on "Check Now"?

Many times. 

what else do you expect to see?

2021-05-20_13-16-40.png

L3 Networker

This is normal download GlobalProtect Clients when we click on the Check server. For example if i try to download 5.1.2 it is saying not avaiable for download . But other firewalls can

2021-05-20_13-18-18.png

do you have the same issue for the PAN software download?

can you retrieve the license file again and then try to download the GP client.

2021-05-10_15-17-51.png

L3 Networker

Already tired that at the start. All Dynmic update and all other license update . retrieve the license file . Its look like PA had stop the old download files from the servers. I do not wish to send that to client and have issue. If that is issue fix it.

i have just updated and versions have been removed

MickBall_0-1621515734711.png

Yes. Same for my other firewalls also. Look like PA had remove all other files 

So that mean it is not issue . PA did for all.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@NavidAlam,

Sounds like this is a newer firewall setup or a replacement? PAN has stopped listing all of the super old unsupported GlobalProtect released directly on newly configured firewalls and the support portal to stop people from running unsupported releases in production. You can get old releases through support if you absolutely need them and manually upload them.

This is a good thing, at least in my opinion, because nobody should be pushing out an outdated agent bundle. Making people put work in to do things in an unsupported and insecure manner is  something we should expect from a security company. 

That is new firewall. Also i had try now with all my other firewalls PA had remove from them also.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!