GlobalProtect HIP not identifying products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect HIP not identifying products.

L2 Linker

Hi.

I have two different HA-pairs with GP VPN configured on them. I'm trying to get HIP to work on the client, but I'm running into issues.

First issue is there are a number of applications we're checking for including Dell Kace and Comodo AV Suite and GP isn't seeing it on most of our clients. When it does see it, it only appears to recognize old versions (v6.4 for Kace & v8 for Comodo). How are these checks governed? Can they be edited?

Second is when I define custom checks it never seems to work, then one of the checks I created worked all of a sudden on one of the HA-Pairs, but not the other (The one that worked is running PanOS 8.2 and the other is running PanOS 7.1.10)

Has anyone else run into issues like this? What are my options?

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

Hmmmmm... not had this issue on v7.x but my reg checks are mainly done on reg settings modified by group policy not 3rd party apps.

my first point of call would be to open globalprotect client and select “host state”.  This will advise if the client actually recognises  the hip offered by your portal config.

this includes custom checks (bottom of output). This may assist in your point of failure.

if the custom check is not displayed as expected then the hip will have no chance of progression.

i suppose thats pretty obvious really, not sure why i added that....

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!