GlobalProtect Pre-Logon Questions

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Pre-Logon Questions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

From my research, I found the answer to be 'this cannot be done', however I am asking the community in case they may know different.

Can Global Protect pre-logon to a windows machine when the Portal and Gateway are setup as follows:

• Portal Authentication = RADIUS (3rd party OTP)
  • Gateway Authentication = LDAP

Currently not using certs, but this will be configured shortly.

Trying to make the case to use GP for client VPN instead of the other technology we have now. The Pre-Logon is a big deal in our environment, long story so we cant just drop it. Also we need to keep the two different authentication methods.

Your thoughts and comments are much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Pre-logon means computer can authenticate. Computer needs to have a SSL certificate pre-installed to make this happen and yes it's compatible with user token/radius logon afterward.

Do you know if there is a way to setup Pre-Logon without it having to be 'always on'? I'm looking for something similar to what Cisco has where a user has the option of logging onto the VPN before windows.

I don't think so as pre-logon aka 'computer logon' is enabled only when computer has no user logged one. 

Since manual 'turn on' would require a user to be logged in, then pre-logon would never happen.

Yet my thinking is : the whole point of pre-logon is to be turned on all time IMO.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!