GlobalProtect - Windows 10 - Client Won't display

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

GlobalProtect - Windows 10 - Client Won't display

I have a fresh install of Windows 10.  When I right click on the GlobalProtect icon in the tray no menu ever shows up.  I see the GlobalProtect icon in the taskbar but any click on it will make icon dissappear.  Any ideas or workarounds?

I have re-installed the client at least 5 times now and restarted my PC several times.  Same behavior every time.

Gif of the issueGif of the issue

Highlighted
L3 Networker

Hello @bunk3rk1ng

What is the version of this GP client?

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

4.1.6-12
GPClient.PNG

Highlighted
L7 Applicator

V4x no longer displays a menu on right click, just left click the settings cog in top right hand corner of GP window 

Highlighted
L7 Applicator

sorry @bunk3rk1ng, just seen your video clip,

have you tried to click and drag icon to the taskbar and then open it.

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Dragging the icon to the taskbar acts the same as launching PanGPS.exe - It looks like the app is trying to launch then the windows troubleshooter comes up.  The troubleshooter solution is to launch in Windows 8 compatability mode but that doesn't change any of the behavior I'm seeing.

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

@bunk3rk1ng,

I would attempt to fully uninstall and reinstall the application; it's possible that something didn't get installed correctly with the initial install. 

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled more than 5 times now.  I also redownloaded the installer just in case it got messed up during transport.

Still the same issue.

Highlighted
L5 Sessionator

The same behaviour whilst booted into Safe mode? I'm thinking it is some issue with a driver if reinstalling 5 times has not fixed

Does restarting the "PanGPS" service have any impact?

Highlighted
L1 Bithead

Good ideas - I will try them when I get home.  Although I am starting to think it might be GPC-3860 from the known issues page

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/31/globalprotect/globalprotect-agent-rns/globalprotec...

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!