Globalprotect & Windows 8

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Globalprotect & Windows 8

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Does anyone know if there are any issues with Windows 8 and Globalprotect?

I have a newly installed 64bit Win8 Pro installation with Globalprotect version 1.2.

Globalprotect does connect and it says that "services are connected". But I do NOT get any traffic via the vpn connection.

Everything seems to be going via the default-gateway as usual.

The PaloAlto device running GP has the exact same configuration as it did when running the GP agent from Windows 7 and that worked OK.

There are not any HIP rules implemented in this installation.

Jo Christian

/Jo Christian
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Support confirmed that there is a known issue with gp1.2 and win8.

There is an issue with routes added to the client. (bug 46305)

It should work if you install GP in win7 compatible mode.

For now engineering is still working on this issue so no fix available yet.

/Jo Christian

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L0 Member

Yes, I have the same issue.

On PAN-OS 5.0.0 with Windows 8 64-Bit and GlobalProtect Agent Version 1.2.0, the Default Gateway is missing, and I have no connection to the our Internal Corporation Network. (See under GP-Agent > Troubleshooting > Network Configurations or Routing Table) When I add the Default Gateway manually, I have connection to the Internal Network.

On the same PC with GlobalProtect Agent Version 1.1.7, the Default Gateway is there, and I have no Problem to connect to the Internal Network.

It seems that with GP-Agent 1.2.0 and Windows 8 64-Bit something is broken. So I switched back to Version 1.1.7 until further notice.

Patrick

Support confirmed that there is a known issue with gp1.2 and win8.

There is an issue with routes added to the client. (bug 46305)

It should work if you install GP in win7 compatible mode.

For now engineering is still working on this issue so no fix available yet.

/Jo Christian

Hello, any idea when a fix will be there? Panos 5.0.1 did not solve it and has no new GP client.

I believe engineering is still working on this bug and the fix should be in the next GP version 1.2.1, which is not yet available.

L0 Member

I was having this same issue. 1.2.1 is out now and fixed the issue for me.

Yes, the problem seems to be "fixed" now.
But I still have an issue after the computer have been to "sleep" (closing the lid).

It's the same issue as in 1.2.0 with routes not being added correctly.

Have you noticed this bwolf?

Jo Christian

/Jo Christian
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!