Google Phone app

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Google Phone app

Not applicable

I don't have my eval unit here any longer and am awaiting my recently purchased pair of PA-500's. Can we block the Google Phone app just released by the big "G"?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

There are multiple ways to do this.

Do you just want to block this user?

Do you want to block access to the app for everyone?

Do you want to block the URL?

Best case, capture the traffic in a pcap and then send it to support. If they have enough information, they can build a app from that packet capture.

Or you could wait another two weeks. Palo Alto released an app for FaceTime about a week after it was in the wild.

http://www.paloaltonetworks.com/researchcenter/2010/08/whats-appening-with-apple-facetime/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Blocked from being downloaded from the iTunes App Store, or blocked from my outbound calls from your trusted network?

Uh, I suppose both.  A user having a Gmail account can run this app now.  I think I would want to potentially block outgoing calls from this application and most probably block its download in the first place.

There are multiple ways to do this.

Do you just want to block this user?

Do you want to block access to the app for everyone?

Do you want to block the URL?

Best case, capture the traffic in a pcap and then send it to support. If they have enough information, they can build a app from that packet capture.

Or you could wait another two weeks. Palo Alto released an app for FaceTime about a week after it was in the wild.

http://www.paloaltonetworks.com/researchcenter/2010/08/whats-appening-with-apple-facetime/

Well, as seeing that I don't yet have the firewalls, I will be waiting the two weeks or so for them to develop an app definition.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!