Google street view in maps.google.com not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Google street view in maps.google.com not working

L0 Member

I am working with a school customer with a PA firewall in place.  The issue is Google street view images do not load on the device when connected to the student VLAN but the exact same device switched to the staff VLAN works fine. The actual symptom is the browser shows a message "No street view imagery available here" and a black screen where the images should be.  Everything else - including the pins on points of interest work. If I switch the device to the staff VLAN and hit refresh, the page loads fine.  I can see the relevant firewall rule is being fired and is supposedly allowing the traffic when the device tries to connect, so that's telling me the firewall is seeing the traffic, but then it logs an 'aged-out' session end reason (see attached screenshot).  We've excluded all the listed Google URLs for Maps etc. (https://developers.google.com/maps/domains) from SSL decryption with no effect.  It's such a specific issue that it should be easy to figure out, but I don't have the depth of experience with the PA to get to the bottom of this.  Firewall is running PAN-OS 10.1.6-h7.

Any pointers on where to look next would be great!

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@tim.nightingale,

Do the students nat to a different public address than the staff? Have you enabled your interzone-default logging to verify that you aren't dropping any additional traffic unknowingly that could be causing issues with what you can actually see? That would be the two things I would start with.

If you are using different public addresses for students and staff, test assigning the same address that you would to staff on a student connected device with a targeted NAT entry.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!