GP Compatibility on Windows Server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GP Compatibility on Windows Server

L2 Linker

Hello, everyone.

Does anyone know if you can install the Global Protect agent, on Windows servers, such as 2012, 2016, 2019????

Is there a documentation that tells me and confirms this?

I see in the Palo Alto Firewall, that the computer does not give me the option to select a HIP OBJECT criteria, based on OS for example, for the Windows Servers, as everything listed, only talks about Windows end clients.

Thanks for your comments.

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @Matlu_NN ,

This doc only mentions Windows workstation OSes -> https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/compatibility-matrix/globalprotect/where-can-i-install-the-globalp....  So, it doesn't look like GP is supported on Windows server.

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

It works but HIP for example reports incorrect OS version so if you have HIP based on OS patching then you will have hiccups.

Not in support matrix so TAC won't help.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I agree that it would be nice to have. If using HIP, use other things rather than OS as a criteria for your servers. Perhaps a special secret file you place in a deep directory or other software agents that are used, backup, security, AV, etc.

Regards,

Hello,

I have performed the agent installation test on Windows Server, and the test has been successful.

If it is not in the Palo Alto matrix, what does this mean, that if I have a problem with a user in his GP connections from his Windows Server, "I guess" that TAC will not give me any support, right?

A criterion to apply object HIP, can be the "serial" of the Laptop that uses a user ????

Greetings.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Matlu_NN,

Correct. TAC isn't going to help troubleshoot any sort of agent issue as soon as they identify that you're running it on an officially unsupported operating system. 

The HIP object that you specify can be whatever you want/need to utilize within your environment. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

All server versions from 2012-2022 are identified as 2012.

Other than that work s fine.

Raido_Rattameister_0-1686319324910.png

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!