GP latency with excel add-ins

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GP latency with excel add-ins

L1 Bithead

Hello all

anyone faced this latency issue with excel add-ins load, it takes up to 8 minutes to load which is unacceptable from a user perspective.

the only workaround  i found for now  is to install VDIs on premises LAN for users, so they can rdp to and open their excel sheets with add ins and that works fine.

any fix exists for GP for this issue ?? please let me know

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@MoezMania,

What exactly are the add-ons that you are using in Excel actually doing? If GlobalProtect is at all effecting them it would mean that they are sending network traffic when in use, so to properly troubleshoot we need to know what the actual traffic issue is. Do your add-ons attempt to load something via SMB? Do they rely on some JAR file to load across a network share? Do they include something like M-Files which will load a list of files from a vault/database? 

Can't really help you with the information given because you really haven't identified the actual issue. It may be present when you have add-ons enabled and goes away with them all disabled, I would assume from your description. So I would go through slowly and try to enable all of them one and a time and re-test. Once you find the problem child while connected to GlobalProtect, actually look at what it's attempting to load, from where, and how. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!