GUI not responding

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GUI not responding

L0 Member

The firewall is out of date so we started updating from 8.1.0 - 8.1.4. after reboot the web GUI is dead. The firewall is passing traffic but I cannot access the management interface only console login. 

I tried restarted the management server and opened a ticket but waiting for a response. Anyone suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@stoff,

Any reason why you are targeting 8.1.4 for your upgraded release, that version is pretty old and pretty early within 8.1's release cycle? There are quite a lot of bug fixes between 8.1.4 and 8.1.12 that deal specifically with the management server and some that deal specifically with the version that you actually start the upgrade process from causing issues with the management server. 

I would attempt to upgrade to your actual target release, which hopefully isn't something as old as 8.1.4, and see if upgrading again and switching over the active partition doesn't clear up your issue.

L7 Applicator

So, you are saying that you have lost access to both the WebGUI as well as CLI on the management interface? 

And that you can only access it via the Console port? 

If you can, then I would recommend that you take a look at the "> show system info" output and see what the management port shows up to be. 

I would start with that and see. but it should be available.. if it is incorrect, then you can go in and change that address via the CLI.

-joe

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!