Has anyone managed to get global protect pre-logon to work???

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Has anyone managed to get global protect pre-logon to work???

L2 Linker

Has anyone managed to get global protect pre-logon to work? specifically, with a remote users laptop.

When the laptop is booted up, at the logon prompt before entering username and password details, do you get a pre-logon connection?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

I managed to get it working with help from Exclusive Networks Support. The problem was with the root CA.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

L4 Transporter

hi

for the prelogon you need to configure the user login and the user password from the setting of global protect agent.

and reboot the client pc, the global protect agent started as a service and try to connect with the credential that provide in the setting of the agent, in fact you are connected without opening a windows session. you can benefit of the update for your pc via vpn like that.

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Just keep in mind that for pre-logon connexion, just password can be light. Maybe could be better for you to make authent with password and cert.

V.

Hi all,

I have the pre-logon user set. On the client i have entered the pre-logon username and password and ticked the 'remember' me box.

I get no errors, the connection shows up on the remote users window on the Palo. I reboot the laptop but i dont get a connection before the logon prompt.

L6 Presenter

are you using machine certificate to assist with connecting as a pre-logon user?     

Yes, machine certificate is setup and working fine...

Can you paste your GlobalProtect configuration in XML format?

How do i save the client config as XML ?

Refer to: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-3552

If it is possible paste lines between <globalprotect>...</globalprotect>

you'll need to provide snippet of the pangp service debug logs for further assistance here. specifically where the log indicates an error to connect. might provide code to shed more light on the matter     

Palo Alto Networks Guru

Refer to configuration tech note

Another useful document

Hi All,

I managed to get it working with help from Exclusive Networks Support. The problem was with the root CA.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!