Hi..~

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Hi..~

L3 Networker

Hello,,~

I was worried about os update

When I updated pan os ,, Suddenly Device did not process downloading,,

I did check CLI Command

> show jobs prcessed

download 20 % stop,,

and then I tried to wait for a while

but,, Device still did not working about pan os download

and so I would like to kill process (download pid)

I would not like to Reboot Paloalto, T.T

We know that~

CLI : > show system resource follw

If be hit the 'k' button,

이미지 1.jpg

fail not permitted,,~

Could I kill Controll Process PID?

Thank you~

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello mikand

Your say mean is I may use restart of mgmt plane without affected new session if I don't use security policies without userid and/or url filtering. Is it right??

I guess this reason  because it needs ip-user-mapping info and url cache in mgmt if is is right.Is this reason right??

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

You could just try restarting the managment server. That will not impact the traffic on the dataplane.

The command is: debug software restart management-server

L3 Networker

You could try:

show jobs all

on the output identify ID of the download process and then:

clear job id <ID>

Thats somewhat not true...

If you use security policies which uses userid and/or url filtering a restart of mgmt plane will affect new sessions which otherwise would hit the particular security rule and its action (if its allow or deny).

Hello mikand

Your say mean is I may use restart of mgmt plane without affected new session if I don't use security policies without userid and/or url filtering. Is it right??

I guess this reason  because it needs ip-user-mapping info and url cache in mgmt if is is right.Is this reason right??

Thanks

If you have security policies which uses userid and/or urlfiltering (that is categories from Brightcloud or PANDB database) new sessions which hits these rules might be affected during the reboot of the mgmt-plane.

Note however that current userid's are cached in the dataplane aswell so it would be if a new user shows up during this reboot, then this user would most likely have its traffic blocked during the reboot of the mgmt-plane. Already known users are cached in the dataplane and would not be affected of that reboot.

Also note that for obvious reasons you wont have any logging while the reboot is in progress.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!