HIP Check licensing expired

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HIP Check licensing expired

L4 Transporter

I thought that HIP check licensing expiration (trial version), would cause any rules on the FW - using a HIP check profile column to not match.   Instead, it appears that it causes the firewall to simply not care about that column at all.... and allow traffic through, on the rule with the HIP check profile specified, even if you are out of compliance.  Do others have experience with this?  I guess this makes sense, just expected different behavior.

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Curious if you followed this article.. or something else?

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClVACA0

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Thanks for posting good link for HIP profile configuration.

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Nope, just set up some HIP checks checking against internal programs, which definitely worked.  I wonder if there is a grace period after one of these license expire?

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!