How do I transfer ownership of the superuser/domain administrator?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

How do I transfer ownership of the superuser/domain administrator?

L1 Bithead

Hi all, 
So, the user that has superuser/domain administrator access to our support.paloaltonetworks.com is no longer at our company, and we need to transfer super user/domain administrator ownership to a different user in our support.paloaltonetworks.com accounts.  
It seems like only the superuser has the ability to transfer ownership, how do we change ownership if that user is now gone?  

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 1.36.14 PM.png

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@AndrewPaloAlto,

Create an alias for the old superuser's email account to an account that is active on your email platform and regain access to the existing superuser account is the fastest path forward. As long as you can access email you can reset MFA and then simply elevate one of your other accounts to superuser.

If that isn't an option for some reason, then just open up an admin case and explain the situation. This process has been different for almost everyone that I've talked to, and it generally is faster to just do the above process.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!