How to setup SSO on a Microsoft Surface PRO

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to setup SSO on a Microsoft Surface PRO

L1 Bithead

Hi,

We're using GlobalProtect client on many workstations. GP Agent is configured in SSO mode. This work flawlessly on Windows XP, 7, and some Windows 8 Pro PCs and tablets.

I just got a brand new Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 8 Pro 64 bits. For some reason, SSO won't work with this tablet. It looks like credentials are not sent to the GP Agent. Once I'm logged in, GP Agent will prompted me for a login and a password. If I manually enter the same login and password I've just used to login, it will connect without issue.

I'm logging in as a local user. User can be member of the Administrators group or not, I get the same result.No software have been installed, except for the GP client; the tablet is brand new. No AV software installed, no custom software.

I have a SAMSUNG ATIV running the same OS which work flawlessly.

Looking at the logs, I get this error :

Error(1605): PanClient::SendCredential – username or password field blank

No error in the windows logs.

Looks like Microsoft do something special on the log on screen... ?

Any idea ?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

A feature request (FR ID: 2825) has been submitted to incorporate GP support for Windows Surface Pro. You can also request your account's SE to vote for it!

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hi,

also have the problem. Did you have contacted the support already?

Hello,

A feature request (FR ID: 2825) has been submitted to incorporate GP support for Windows Surface Pro. You can also request your account's SE to vote for it!

Thanks and regards,

Kunal Adak

I was told by support to test the latest version of the client and see if that fixed the issue, but didn't had the time to test this out in lab. Looks like it is not corrected anyway by looking at Kadak's reply... let's wait...

voted for the feature.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!