HTTP brute force alerts to gameplayapi.intel.com

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

HTTP brute force alerts to gameplayapi.intel.com

I have started noticing PaloAlto firewall generating a lot of HTTP brute force alerts with the URL gameplayapi.intel.com/api/games/getagsgames2/ . Do any of you aware of what this could be? I couldn't find anything malicious related to this but I'm seeing so many users reaching out to it.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Cyber Elite

@SThatipelly,

This is usually caused by GfxDownloadWrapper and really can't be disabled. You can remove the Intel Control Panel or the Command Center and this should stop generating alerts. You very rarely actually need these applications in an Enterprise environment. 

Highlighted
L4 Transporter

@BPry Thanks for the response. I am having my desktop services team to take a look at the endpoints. Will keep you posted. thank you.

Highlighted
L3 Networker

I'm also seeing this. I would say since this is legitimate software, wouldn't it make more sense for Palo to correct the signature

Highlighted
L3 Networker

@SThatipelly 

Would you know if the machines generating these alerts have "Intel Optane Pinning Explorer Extensions" installed?

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!