Incorrect password expiry notice in GlobalProtect

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Incorrect password expiry notice in GlobalProtect

L4 Transporter

My client is running GP 5.0.8 clients to a 9.0.9 Palo Alto gateway.  Globalprotect doesn't seem to be using the fine granular password expiry details from AD. Its saying the password will expire in 6 days when it wont actually expire for many months.  Is there a setting i must change to have GP reference the correct source for password expiry in AD?

1 REPLY 1

Community Team Member

Hi @JimMcGrady ,

Can't say 100% for sure you're hitting this issue but there was an expiry issue fixed in GP 5.1 (GPC-8743):

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/5-1/globalprotect-app-release-notes/gp-app-release-i...

Also you might want to check if the FW is able to fetch the correct expiry date in the logs:

> tail follow yes mp-log authd.log :

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/global-protect-password-expire/td-p/36143

That said, if you're indeed hitting a known bug then you will have to reach out to support to get a confirmation on that.

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!