Initial conneciton problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Initial conneciton problem

L1 Bithead

I use PA GP for VPN access for work - I tried calling the hell desk but they only want to switch my home kit on and off again.

I use this daily and mostly it's rock solid, I have had this problem before, months ago and assumed it'd been fixed.

But today, I cannot connect.

The Problem is:

Establish connection.

It looks like it has worked.

Moments later the my wifi repeater drops / reboots as it the signal comes back a few minutes later.

Repeated attempts at connection eventually works, this can take several retries.

Once connected it's solid.

I was able to connect by hotspotting via my phone.

To riterate, this usually works and connects first time. Before today, I had forgotten about it as it has been months since it had last happened.

My ISP is Virgin Media UK.

My company is BGC Partners.

Peter

3 REPLIES 3

Community Team Member

Hi @peterwaine ,

Are you able to test your connection without using the wifi repeater? I would test being connected without the use of the repeater to better isolate the issue. 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L1 Bithead

Thanks - I did try with a direct to router connection - and it worked fine. Could be coincedence but less likely.

I had the same problem again today, multiple disconnects with WiFi, so I gave up and tried a ethernet cable connection to the repeater and it worked first time, sigh.

So, as you inferr it's probably a conflict with the WiFi h/w somehow, a few seconds after it connects - drop.

Weird that its been solid with WiFi  (setup unchanged)  for many months.

Also (Whilst not worth investigating) it's this device.
https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/legacy-ug/others/BT%20Mini%20Hub%20Kit%20user%20guide.pdf

Not sure who the OEM is.

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!