Intermittent sites not loading

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Intermittent sites not loading

L1 Bithead

Having issues with palo alto pa-820. Some times when users try to load sites they just don't load. Wait some time and site usually loads. Some times it is fine, loads fast, users not getting any errors. No changes made to cause issue. Thinking it is something with dynamic updates? This started on the morning of 12-04-2022.

7 REPLIES 7

L1 Bithead

You need to monitor the traffic when it works, and when it doesn't in the firewall. You also want to do trace routes in both scenarios. See if for some reason it is falling down to a deny all. Also, not the protocol being used. I see the most issues when sites try to use quic.

Looking at -Logs -Traffic and my IP and not seeing any deny under Action.

Found this what does "resources-unavailable" under "session end reason" mean?

Management CPU seems to be at 100% all the time.

I think you just answered your own question there. Are you doing ssl decryption? Deep packet inspection?? Those are resource hogs.

Where do I turn off ssl decryption? can't get to kb article.

IF you are running it, it would be under objects->decryption pofiles. to see what's being used. Then check to see if you have anything under profiles->decryption.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@IT_Fleet,

Just simple things first, have you tried restarting since you noticed the issue to rule out a stuck process  or other software issue? That would be the first thing I do if you suddenly start noticing a new introduced issue.

Rather than disabling decryption policies, I would highly recommend you start looking at traffic to see what's changed in the past two days to push your device past it's limits. Is their additional network traffic that isn't expected? Do you have a machine spawning a lot of sessions due to something being introduced on the machine? Don't diminish security of your environment without going through root cause to figure out why your device is being overloaded if it just suddenly changed. 

Good point. Should have asked for more information. 

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!