Internet Games

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Internet Games

L1 Bithead

I have noticed that there isn't a lot of games listed in the application database. I really don't want to block a bunch of ports as they might be needed by something else, so I was wondering what is the best way to block certain Internet games? Specifically, I need to block Halo and Minecraft. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jon

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

minecraft is already developed.

For Halo, I think you can request it for developing new app-id.

Please refer to following doc for how-to:

How to Request a new App-ID

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L5 Sessionator

irishjd

There is an application available for minecraft and for other games you can use URL filtering by blocking the category "games".

Hope it helps !

L5 Sessionator

minecraft is already developed.

For Halo, I think you can request it for developing new app-id.

Please refer to following doc for how-to:

How to Request a new App-ID

L4 Transporter

You can block by URL if there is no app available. Another way to deal with games is to create custom signatures to prevent the downloads as some games are available from third party sites.

I don't want to block the entire category (long story there ;-). I could always block the category but allow try to allow the site. I was thinking that an app-id would work the best.

Thanks, i will submit a request for an app-is for halo. Does anyone know if there is a good document available that walks you through creating your own app-id?

irishjd

There are multiple documents available you can start from this one:

Custom Application Signatures

Hope it helps!

Thanks Bat!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!