iOS device "network errors" when SSL Decryption is turned on

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

iOS device "network errors" when SSL Decryption is turned on

Not applicable

Regarding SSL Decryption:

I originally put the whole category of "social-networking" under a Decrypt rule (mainly to decrypt Facebook to block Facebook games).  However, when I tested on my iPhone after that, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook all had "network errors" and basically wouldn't connect and pull down information.  I then removed the "social-networking" group from the Decrypt rule, and added in a Custom group for Facebook.  LinkedIn and Twitter work fine on my iPhone connectivity-wise now, and Facebook still gives a "network error" and won't update.

From what I read, TLS1.2 is not supported on the PA devices (I'm on 5.0.4), but traffic was supposed to still pass through.  Why can I not still retrieve content updates on these social networking apps when SSL Decryption is turned on for them?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Steve,

Does the app work when the IOS device is not behind the PAN firewall? You could try uninstalling and re-installing the app and see if that clears the issue you are seeing.

The Facebook app works fine when not behind the PAN firewall.  When behind it, becuase of the SSL Decryption, it will not connect to Facebook.  I've tried installing the decryption certificate on the iOS device, but it doesn't help.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!