IP spoofing /source routing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IP spoofing /source routing

L0 Member

Hi Friends,

I have nt enabled Zone protection for our palo alto firewalls as its connected to trusted zones. I want to know the whether IP source routing is disabled in the PA NG Firewall (Pan OS > 9.0) by default or not.  Also steps to protect against IP Spoofing or IP source Routing related attacks. 

Thanks in advance.

S

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@SajithkumarPS,

I'm confused on what you're actually asking? You need to utilize Zone Protection to drop Spoofed IP addresses or drop Source Routing options. 

@BPry  Hi , Thanks for the reply .  There is an option(command) to disable IP Source Routing in Cisco Devices(Router or FWs). I want to know is there any commands in PA FWs to disable it or Using zone protection profiles is the only way  to protect against IP source routing based attacks .

Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!