IPS is not detecting threats

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPS is not detecting threats

L0 Member

Palo Alto has recently released signature for CVE-2020-3452. however when performing a POC, I cannot detect any threat. I am using link available to public use - 

https://<domain>/+CSCOT+/translation-table?type=mst&textdomain=/%2bCSCOE%2b/portal_inc.lua&default-l...

but when tried, there is no threat being detected or dropped on Palo.

Note: I have already enabled to drop all high and critical severity under vulnerability profile and attached same on Security Policy.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Shafaqat,

It doesn't look like the signature is picking things up properly as far as the public PoC that Ahmed Aboul-Ela has published. I can certainly still execute PoC against an external ASA without any issues with the traffic fully being decrypted and the signature doesn't get triggered.

You might want to reach out to TAC and just make them aware of the issue with the identification. Since this is a brand new threat and PAN just released this signature, it's possible that it simply needs to be expanded a bit for additional coverage. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!