IPSEC Tunnel down on GNS3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPSEC Tunnel down on GNS3

L1 Bithead

Hi- I am trying to implement exactly this article for ipsec - https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClGkCAK

However the tunnel is not coming up, I am not sure if its gns issue or my configuration?

Wireshark packet drop also attached 

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

Capture3.JPGCapture4.JPG

Please note you are posting a public message where community members and experts can provide assistance. Sharing private information such as serial numbers or company information is not recommended.
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

What do the system logs show for the VPN tunnel? This is where they are logged. I'm thinking either there is a configuration error or something is blocking the traffic somewhere. Check the traffic logs to see if the packets are making it and/or getting dropped/blocked by the PAN.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

What do the system logs show for the VPN tunnel? This is where they are logged. I'm thinking either there is a configuration error or something is blocking the traffic somewhere. Check the traffic logs to see if the packets are making it and/or getting dropped/blocked by the PAN.

Regards,

L2 Linker

Hi @Sulaiman.Ashraf 

I agree with @OtakarKlier. You can check the logs (system & traffic) to understand why the connection is not getting established.

The other thing which I would suggest is to take the packet capture with the IPSec traffic. If required, you can run the test commands on the CLI to initiate the connection at the same time when you are capturing packets. You can follow this article

Another article which is helpful - How to check Status, Clear, Restore, and Monitor an IPSec VPN Tunnel

Regards,

L1 Bithead

Thanks for response, I have been looking at logs and connectivity, I could not find any issue,

Can you please review attached cli logs and packet captures, let me know if that helps in  finding the issue?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

I think its in your tunnel config somewhere. Double check to make sure every setting is identical on both sides.

Regards,

L1 Bithead

Thanks all, the issue is resolved -- I actually found the issue in routing on connected routers, for some reason default route was dropping traffic even though the destination was pingable.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!