IPSEC tunnel due to timeout problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPSEC tunnel due to timeout problem

Not applicable

I was configure remote 10 branchs connect to Office by IPSEC tunnel. Each branch connect to Office bandwidth  256kbps,512kbps, 1mbps. So someone branchs tunnel automatic disconnect.

Manual remote tunnel device(Cisco RV042) reconnect  to PA2020 error. See error message

IKE phase-1 negotiation is failed as initiator, main mode. Failed SA: office ip [500]-branchs ip[500] cookie:26566cb2f77429cd:0000000000000000. Due to timeout.

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

Have you double checked your configuration and the pre-shared key?

Configuring IPSec VPN- Layer 2.pdf

Remote branchs router Cisco RV042 with layer3 interface. VPN Tunnel Layer3 between devices

What was the fix on this one?  I'm haveing similiar issue.

Thank you,

L3 Networker

Has anyone got any updates with this?

Our VPNs were working ok one minute an the next we're getting IKE P1 timeout errors and nothing has changed?.....

Thanks

Rod

Resolved this myself. I created a block all rule which should have been block all from untrusted to trusted zone...

Not applicable

Hi,

I had a similar problem at a customers site. I was changing the udp timeout (default 600) of the ike application to the negotiation timeout plus 30 seconds (I think it was 3630). This was solving the timeout problems.

Best regards,

Florian

L1 Bithead

I'll be the guy that responds to a threat that is 12 years old...Any time you see all the zeros and Due to timeout it means the firewall cannot get to the peer ip. Often times this is because of a security policy or a routing issue. But bottom line is phase one cant get there for some reason. 

• 7 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!